Date: 15 Feb 2006 00:06:40 -0600
From: Graeme North ecodesign@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Codes

This is exactly how the New Zealand Earth Building Standards work for us-
Standards and Codes are necessarily commonly agreed techniques, so to a
degree are "lower common denomination " knowledge. However this does not
preclude other methods or techniques - its just that proponents of
alternative techniques have to do what they always have to do, and that is
show that they are OK to Building Officials.  Methods that meet standard or
code requirements are already deemed to be OK, and so are easier to get
approval for.

Graeme,
Graeme North Architects,
49 Matthew Road,