From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Andr&eacute; de Bouter
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:36 PM
To: GSBN
Subject: GSBN:European SB Code (was Translation of the By og Byg ...)

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be looking into the information
provided as
soon as I can.

We have done fire testing here in France as well + breathabilaty of lime
plaster
+ how well lime plaster sticks to SB. Info is avalable (in french + 12 lines
in
English) at:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.lamaisonenpaille.com/Documentation/PDFs/Dossier_Ademe_Paille.pdf";>http://www.lamaisonenpaille.com/Documentation/PDFs/Dossier_Ademe_Paille.pdf</a>
The 'ballet danser' is Samuel Courgey one of our French SB gods.

Dirk, you say "european technical approval of strawbale..."
Do you mean that work is allready undertaken towards a EU (European Union
;-) SB
Code? If not, does anyone know if such a thing could exist or should every
countre do its own job.

By the by, does any of you know of the EU 'Leonardo da Vinci' program? They
have
funded a international program of clay plaster education that is close to
being
finished. Some interesting material will come out of this: DVD/CDrom etc.
See:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.clay-plaster.com/default.asp?lng=uk";>http://www.clay-plaster.com/default.asp?lng=uk</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/index_en.html";>http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/index_en.html</a>

Imagine that we could pull of something similar on SB. Or, to come back to
the
subject of codes, to get funding for realizing a European code. And why not,
get
the UN involved and get 'Martin's' code truly International.

OK, I admit, I've just been smoking straw...

Bye,
Andr?

Selon Dirk Scharmer- FSB ds@...:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.fasba.de/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=92&amp;Itemid=72";>http://www.fasba.de/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=92&amp;Itemid=72</a>.
> It was an approach, meanwhile some views and facts should have changed.
>
> Dirk Scharmer

> Fachverband Strohballenbau Deutschland e.V.
> Auf der Ruebekuhle 10
> D- 21335 Lueneburg
> Tel. 00 49 4131- 727804
> Fax. 00 49 4131- 727805