From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
To: GSBN GSBN@...
Sent: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:57:34 -0600
Subject: Re: GSBN:Membership requests

  I'll weigh in. Although Andrew has nominated himself for the GSBN
list, he
has received strong endorsement from several AUSBALE members and
Australian
straw-bale builders and fit the bill as a representative of regional
straw
construction organizations.

I agree with Bill that the Ecosa Institute may think they are just
joining
an open list. I've called Tom Hahn, who is listed as a faculty member
on the
Ecosa web site, to see if he's aware of any particular interest.

Joyce
-------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

on 2.16.2006 11:11 PM, billc_lists@...
billc_lists@...:

Hi folks,

I received two out-of-the-blue requests for membership in this
esteemed list today.  Anyone want to weigh in?  (offlist is fine).

From: Andrew Webb Architect design@...

I am an architect and Secretary of the Australian Straw Bale Building
Association (www.ausbale.org) and would like to join the list, thanks.

Andrew Webb

and

From: "Ecosa Institute" ecosanetwork@...
To: GSBN@...

(I suspect they think that this is an open list, as there was nothing
but a "subscribe" command.)

Green Building Professionals Directory:
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://directory.sustainablesources.com";>http://directory.sustainablesources.com</a>>
representatives of
regional straw construction organizations. The costs of operating
this list
are underwritten by The Last Straw Journal in exchange for use of the
GSBN as
an advisory board and technical editing arm.

list, send

GSBN is an invitation-only forum of key individuals and representatives
of
regional straw construction organizations. The costs of operating this
list are
underwritten by The Last Straw Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN
as an
advisory board and technical editing arm.

send