From: "Cink, Dr. James" jim.cink@...
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:49:14 -0600
To: TLSEditor@...
Subject: Project assistance

I am the product development manager for Whitmire Micro-Gen in charge of R&D
efforts for creating termite and selected general insect products used by
pest management professionals around the world.  I have been asked to
prepare a presentation on new and novel construction practices in the U.S.
and would like to include a section on homes constructed of straw,
specifically how they are constructed from the ground up.  The focus of the
presentation is how to identify the type of construction; inspection
techniques needed based on construction type; how to diagnose possible
insect pest infestations (e.g., IR camera, microwave insect detectors,
acoustic emissions detectors, moisture meters); and determine how and where
pest control treatments may be applied so that they do not harm the building
or construction elements used at that site.  The primary audience this
presentation will be delivered to is pest management technicians, and owners
of those businesses.

For this project I am seeking pictures to be included in a Powerpoint
presentation to show how various types of homes are built (e.g., log, steel
frame, straw, concrete, adobe, etc.) from the foundation up.  This includes
any special information that is important as to how water and electrical
lines are placed within walls, heating and cooling distribution and any
special considerations for the installation of heating systems, doors,
windows and the roof.  I am contacting your company to see if you would be
able to provide a series of pictures that describe the building process of a
straw home.  An important area to cover is the finished look of the home and
that without prior knowledge of the construction materials used are there
ways to know if it is a straw house. Rest assured that any pictures used in
the presentation will be fully acknowledged and credit given to the supplier
of those photos.  High resolution pictures are requested in order to
maintain the quality of the presentation and material presented.  A copy of
the finished slides will be provided to anyone that contributed to
presentation.

If you have any questions, please contact me at one of the numbers listed
below or by return email.  I wish to say thank you in advance for any and
all assistance you can provide in helping create this new and interesting
slide presentation.  If you would like to review information about Whitmire
Micro-Gen please visit our web site at www.wmmg.com.

Sincerely,

James H. Cink, Ph.D.

Product Development Manager - Termite