Re: GSBN:Fwd: NEW SB forum, clarification.

At 11:39 PM +0000 2/24/06, Chug. wrote:
Joyce emailed me to ask a similar question as we both were targets
of his earlier SB website promotion, Trevor started his SB
website <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawbale.co.uk/";>http://www.strawbale.co.uk/</a> some time back (I get people
saying they found it searching for my website url) and he stated
that he was going to do a strawbale newsletter for UK, as far as I
know it has never appeared, another guy started a similar
international forum for anyone interested in SB awhile back but he
pulled it after a few months due to lack of interest, and it
appears that Trevor's forum it is for all sbers not just experts.
I sent Trevor a reply saying basically what Wolfie said below, I'm
busy, I can hardly keep up with the many existing lists/groups,
and that another attempt at an international forum failed recently,
but wished him all the best with it.

I'll finish with Joyce's last reply

"I guess I'll withhold comment or judgement about this until some
time has passed. My initial reaction is that he's just adding
another layer to the many sites that are cluttering the Internet. We'll see."
Joyce

I also got several emails from him (through at least two of my email
addresses) about the forum.  I hadn't had time to go check it out.

It may be an idea that never happens, since a fair number of other
such forums already exist.  Or it might take off.  I suspect that
Trevor recently got jazzed about SB and decided to put together this
resource without first looking around to see if such an animal
already exists. If we didn't already have the GSBN, a handful of
general lists and a growing number of local-area lists it would be an
excellent idea, and i'd be all for it.

Unless it has an email component or is likely to have had discussion
threads which I can search for very specific information (as I do
with some software that I use) I have very little use for web forums.
I've got enough things going that the convenience of having mail
delivered to my inbox is much more likely to get my attention than
having to go to some website and log in, no matter how effortless
that process is. That little bit of extra effort is enough that I
just don't go there often, if ever.