From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of
billc_lists@...
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:03 AM
To: GSBN
Subject: Re: GSBN:Fwd: NEW SB forum, clarification.

At 11:39 PM +0000 2/24/06, Chug. wrote:
>Joyce emailed me to ask a similar question as we both were targets of
>his earlier SB website promotion, Trevor started his SB website
><a  target="_blank" href="http://www.strawbale.co.uk/";>http://www.strawbale.co.uk/</a> some time back (I get people saying they
>found it searching for my website url) and he stated that he was going
>to do a strawbale newsletter for UK, as far as I know it has never
>appeared, another guy started a similar international forum for anyone
>interested in SB awhile back but he pulled it after a few months due to
>lack of interest, and it appears that Trevor's forum it is for all
>sbers not just experts.
>I sent Trevor a reply saying basically what Wolfie said below, I'm
>busy, I can hardly keep up with the many existing lists/groups, and
>that another attempt at an international forum failed recently, but
>wished him all the best with it.
>
>I'll finish with Joyce's last reply
>
>"I guess I'll withhold comment or judgement about this until some time
>has passed. My initial reaction is that he's just adding another layer
>to the many sites that are cluttering the Internet. We'll see."
>Joyce

I also got several emails from him (through at least two of my email
addresses) about the forum.  I hadn't had time to go check it out.

It may be an idea that never happens, since a fair number of other such
forums already exist.  Or it might take off.  I suspect that Trevor recently
got jazzed about SB and decided to put together this resource without first
looking around to see if such an animal already exists. If we didn't already
have the GSBN, a handful of general lists and a growing number of local-area
lists it would be an excellent idea, and i'd be all for it.

Unless it has an email component or is likely to have had discussion threads
which I can search for very specific information (as I do with some software
that I use) I have very little use for web forums.
I've got enough things going that the convenience of having mail delivered
to my inbox is much more likely to get my attention than having to go to
some website and log in, no matter how effortless that process is. That
little bit of extra effort is enough that I just don't go there often, if
ever.