RE: GSBN:Fwd: NEW SB forum, clarification.

First, let me remind you all that there IS an archive of this list,
and it is available on Yahoo.  There are instructions in every
monthly Help file you get (and you'll get again in about three days,
so please read it this time). Feel free to pass that info on to
Trevor or anyone else.  Somewhere in the archives you'll find our
discussion about the whole topic, and our intent to not hide behind
closed doors. I think everyone here realizes that what is discussed
here can have implications through much of the SB world, and the
original structure of the list itself was intended to transmit that
information to (and from) the greater straw building world.

Second, with a little technical knowhow it should be possible to use
a search engine or similar tool to capture the content of the SB-R-Us
list from Yahoo (or any other publicly archived list, for that
matter). In fact, a year or so into SB-R-Us's existence this same
question came up about losing important content.  I ran my private
search engine on it, and it did an OK job (still needed a little
tweaking). Then if I remember correctly Yahoo extended their limits
and the immediate need went away.  Should it become needed, I've also
archived every post ever sent to the SB-R-Us and virtually all the
Crest/REPP list's posts in my own email boxes, and that could be
extracted and made available.

Duncan, I'm not familiar with Dublin core meta tags, please give me
some background offlist. Perhaps we could work in the directions you
mentioned.  FYI and off the record, I've been strongly considering
changing our Sourcebook (<a  target="_blank" href="http://sustainablesources.com/sourcebook/";>http://sustainablesources.com/sourcebook/</a>) into a
Wiki, so that the burden of keeping up with the latest information
could be spread to many others.  Perhaps the Strawbale chapter there
could become much deeper and wider through the mechanism that you
speak of.