From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of
billc_lists@...
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 8:41 PM
To: GSBN
Subject: RE: GSBN:Fwd: NEW SB forum, clarification.

First, let me remind you all that there IS an archive of this list, and it
is available on Yahoo.  There are instructions in every monthly Help file
you get (and you'll get again in about three days, so please read it this
time). Feel free to pass that info on to Trevor or anyone else.  Somewhere
in the archives you'll find our discussion about the whole topic, and our
intent to not hide behind closed doors. I think everyone here realizes that
what is discussed here can have implications through much of the SB world,
and the original structure of the list itself was intended to transmit that
information to (and from) the greater straw building world.

Second, with a little technical knowhow it should be possible to use a
search engine or similar tool to capture the content of the SB-R-Us list
from Yahoo (or any other publicly archived list, for that matter). In fact,
a year or so into SB-R-Us's existence this same question came up about
losing important content.  I ran my private search engine on it, and it did
an OK job (still needed a little tweaking). Then if I remember correctly
Yahoo extended their limits and the immediate need went away.  Should it
become needed, I've also archived every post ever sent to the SB-R-Us and
virtually all the Crest/REPP list's posts in my own email boxes, and that
could be extracted and made available.

Duncan, I'm not familiar with Dublin core meta tags, please give me some
background offlist. Perhaps we could work in the directions you mentioned.
FYI and off the record, I've been strongly considering changing our
Sourcebook (<a  target="_blank" href="http://sustainablesources.com/sourcebook/";>http://sustainablesources.com/sourcebook/</a>) into a Wiki, so that the
burden of keeping up with the latest information could be spread to many
others.  Perhaps the Strawbale chapter there could become much deeper and
wider through the mechanism that you speak of.