Re: GSBN:Fwd: NEW SB forum, clarification.

The suggestion Duncan is making makes a lot of sense to me.
Several of the people doing SB in Denmark rarely touches a computer, but I
think this type of monthly announcement-mail would suit a lot of people very
well.

Lars Keller

2006/2/28, Duncan Lithgow duncan@...:

> [...]
>
> ---------------------
> If you have something you'd like included send a short summary, a title
> and link to: sb-announcements@...
>
> Editors note: We still don't receive any notices of events in Canada. If
> anyone can help with that please send us a message.
>
> In the March issue:
> 1. Technical Issues
> 2. Learning Resources
> 3. What's on Worldwide
>
> === 1. Technical issues ===
> New German moisture report
> The good people at the german sb association tell us that they have just
> finished a report called 'What about spilt beer?' looking at the impact
> of drunken parties on the health of Straw Bale walls.
> <<a  target="_blank" href="http://munich-beer-festival/archive/straw-bale-parties.html";>http://munich-beer-festival/archive/straw-bale-parties.html</a>>
>
> My house burn down!
> "Sadly my unfinished house has burnt down as it was left unplastered. I,
> Paul the Pyromaniachs describe in this article how the fire took hold
> and how to avoid it happening to you."
> <<a  target="_blank" href="http://pyro-paul/my-house-is-gone.pdf";>http://pyro-paul/my-house-is-gone.pdf</a>>
>
> === 2. Learning Resources ===
> The Last Straw
> "TLS is happy to announce that the CD of back issues is finished. If
> you've ordered one you should get it soon. If you don't know what this
> is about then come and visit the website."
> <<a  target="_blank" href="http://tls.com/resources/backcatalogue-on-cd.html";>http://tls.com/resources/backcatalogue-on-cd.html</a>>
>
> Wikibook on Straw Bale Construction updated
> "The wikibook team has just finished revising the section on
> foundations. Now we're looking for input on the Roofing Options section.
> Check it out and lend a hand."
> <<a  target="_blank" href="http://wikibooks.org/Straw_Bale_Construction";>http://wikibooks.org/Straw_Bale_Construction</a>>
>
> === 3. What's on ===
> Hands for knowledge site updated
> "Well another summer is approaching and we've got lots of people looking
> for volunteers to help with their houses. Come and see if there's
> something you'd like to be part of." (Europe only)
> <http:/you get the idea
>
> --------------------------
>
> I like doing it like this as the technical level is minimal, hey we're
> not trying to impress anyone, and it means that people could easily
> _only_ get this and they'd still be kept in touch with the main things
> going on. And the editor would be told what is happening.
>
> Just a suggestion.
>
> I don't mind giving it a try, for say 12 months, if people would back
> the idea.
>
> Duncan
> --
> Duncan Lithgow duncan@...

> multipart/signed
> application/pgp-signature
> ---
> as an advisory board and technical editing arm.

Fra 8.november 2005 og indtil 10.november naeste aar 2006 er Jo, Asger og
jeg
i Australien. I den periode kan jeg traeffes via email eller den australske
postadresse.

>From November 8th 2005 and untill November 10 next year 2006, Jo Asger and I
will be in Australia. During this period you can contact me via either email
or the Australian snailmail address.

Lars Keller

larskeller@...

Lars Keller