GSBN:monthly announcement-mail

If have renamed this conversation to ''. The start of the discussion and
an example announcement email can be seen in the archive at:

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 10:50 -0600, Joyce Coppinger wrote:
> Could the announcements list be part of SB-r-us so we're still using a forum
> format and adding the announcements feature?
I'm not sure I know what you mean. But however it is done it would need
to be a separate list, and I can't see how it could be connected to a
forum.

I would suggest, at the right time, we talk to REPP, and see if they
would host it, they use the Mailman software for their email lists -
very stable and good software:
The advantages of this are:
* easy to administer
* good anti-spam functions
* easy to use archive
* easy to backup

Then each list or individual would subscribe. So, if you're on a
(participating) list you would get it and if you were not on an email
list you could just subscribe yourself individually.

And as Lars says (hi there Lars) this type of text is something that
people not addicted to their computer would probably still be interested
in getting.

Let's see what people think... I suggest this list give it a yes/no
inside two weeks (by the 14th March). If the answer is yes, we ask for
comment from all the lists we know and take it from there.

Duncan
--
Duncan Lithgow duncan@...

multipart/signed