Re: GSBN:monthly announcement-mail

Reading and manually filtering the content for inclusion in the
once-a-month post.

At 2:29 PM -0600 2/28/06, Joyce Coppinger wrote:
Could someone explain what editing means in terms of listservs and the
announcement list? Is that editing related to filtering out messages or
things that don't relate to the listserv or spam, or does it relate to the
messages themselves.

Joyce

on 2.28.2006 1:12 PM, billc_lists@...
billc_lists@...:

 I think it's a great idea to condense this info into a monthly digest
 format. There are definitely many who would appreciate such a highly
 condensed synopsis. It could also be submitted to TLS as a regular
 column.

 It will *definitely* take someone some time to edit such a list each
 month.  If I read your earlier post correctly, Duncan, you've said
 you'd be willing to do this for at least the first year.  That's
 great.

 I have to admit that I'm not overly jazzed about going to REPP -
 considering that it took them over two months to get the original
 Strawbale list back up and running (spawning SB-R-Us as a backup in
 the meantime) I've got a "once burned, twice shy" feeling about that.
 I have to admit that our own list software is less than cutting edge
 by a long shot (no archiving to speak of), so I hesitate to offer it
 as the home of such a list.  Yahoo groups or Google groups may be the
 best choice.