Re: GSBN:monthly announcement-mail

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 14:29 -0600, Joyce Coppinger wrote:
> Could someone explain what editing means in terms of listservs and the
> announcement list? Is that editing related to filtering out messages or
> things that don't relate to the listserv or spam, or does it relate to the
> messages themselves.
In answer to this and your previous message.

I understand what you mean about having someone who knows Sb editing it,
that's not what I'm thinking when I say editing. If no-one sends
anything to the 'editor' then there is nothing to send out that month.

The 'editing' I am offering to do is more collating really. If I may
refer to my example:

--------------
If you have something you'd like included send a short summary, a title
and link to: sb-announcements@...
So that means that the 'editor' only snips and tucks the texts into an easy to navigate format. Generally I don't think the editor would be editing anything, but maybe writing an 'editors note' once in a while.
The example below is a good one. Some one sent the text to the announcement editor for inclusion. The 'editor' does not write original work. I've done this before and I should stress that it is not the editors task to find things for the announcements - people send them in or they try and get word out themselves.
   Wikibook on Straw Bale Construction updated
"The wikibook team has just finished revising the section on
foundations. Now we're looking for input on the Roofing Options section.
Check it out and lend a hand."
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://wikibooks.org/Straw_Bale_Construction";>http://wikibooks.org/Straw_Bale_Construction</a>>