Re: GSBN:monthly announcement-mail

Question - would the knowledge of potential
publication perhaps cause some to edit their own
submission and dilute what could possibly be a very
lively and passionate discussion?  I don't think so
but the chance is remotely there.

Maurice

--- Joyce Coppinger jc10508@... wrote:

> Would be glad to have a condensed synopsis of a
> monthly digest format but
> might want to have someone professionally involved
> in strawbale and natural
> building do the initial editing of the list so that
> it could be easily
> converted to a column in TLS. And there would need
> to be agreement by
> everyone on the list about use of their posts for a
> TLS column if that came
> to be. Wouldn't want anyone to be surprised and
> upset about their comments
> being published, even though the archives for the
> monthly digest probably
> would be available to the public.
>
> Joyce
>
> on 2.28.2006 1:12 PM, billc_lists@...
> at
> billc_lists@...:
>
> > I think it's a great idea to condense this info
> into a monthly digest
> > format. There are definitely many who would
> appreciate such a highly
> > condensed synopsis. It could also be submitted to
> TLS as a regular
> > column.
> >
> > It will *definitely* take someone some time to
> edit such a list each
> > month.  If I read your earlier post correctly,
> Duncan, you've said
> > you'd be willing to do this for at least the first
> year.  That's
> > great.
> >
> > I have to admit that I'm not overly jazzed about
> going to REPP -
> > considering that it took them over two months to
> get the original
> > Strawbale list back up and running (spawning
> SB-R-Us as a backup in
> > the meantime) I've got a "once burned, twice shy"
> feeling about that.
> > I have to admit that our own list software is less
> than cutting edge
> > by a long shot (no archiving to speak of), so I
> hesitate to offer it
> > as the home of such a list.  Yahoo groups or
> Google groups may be the
> > best choice.
> >

> > At 6:43 PM +0100 2/28/06, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> >> If have renamed this conversation to ''. The
> start of the discussion and
> >> an example announcement email can be seen in the
> archive at:

> so we're still using a forum
> >> I'm not sure I know what you mean. But however it
> is done it would need
> >> to be a separate list, and I can't see how it
> could be connected to a
> >> forum.
> >>
> >> I would suggest, at the right time, we talk to
> REPP, and see if they
> >> would host it, they use the Mailman software for
> their email lists -
> >> very stable and good software:
> >> The advantages of this are:
> >> * easy to administer
> >> * good anti-spam functions
> >> * easy to use archive
> >> * easy to backup
> >>
> >> Then each list or individual would subscribe. So,
> [...]

Maurice and Joy Bennett

You must be the change you want to see in the world.   Gandhi