-> FW: straw animal sheds and/or houses
     by Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...

Date: 4 Mar 2006 13:30:33 -0600
From: Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...
Subject: FW: straw animal sheds and/or houses

Please reply to Tim directly and help if you can. Thanks.

Joyce
- -------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

- ----------
From: Tim Tim.Vaessen@...
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:29:16 +0430
To: thelaststraw@...
Subject: straw animal sheds and/or houses

Hi there,

Just a wild shot, but I am looking for somebody who could give me some
general idea about the possibility of cheap, easy to build sheds for farm
animals in the earthquake zone of Pakistan. Traditionally many farmers make
sheds of thick walls and roofs of clay to keep the cold out in winter.

What would be the possibility of constructing easily, quickly and cheaply
well isolated animal sheds of straw or other natural resources? And while we
are at it, what about houses for the farmers themselves?

One issue is ofcourse that we would not want the animals to eat the walls.

Could you connect me with somebody?

Kind regards

Tim Vaessen, Sr. Emergency and Rehabilitation Coordinator

FAO Pakistan/Afghanistan;Tel.PAK:92(0)300 501 5527; AFG:93(0)70 285266

- ---