From: Tim Tim.Vaessen@...
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:29:16 +0430
To: thelaststraw@...
Subject: straw animal sheds and/or houses

Hi there,

Just a wild shot, but I am looking for somebody who could give me some
general idea about the possibility of cheap, easy to build sheds for farm
animals in the earthquake zone of Pakistan. Traditionally many farmers
make sheds of thick walls and roofs of clay to keep the cold out in winter.
What would be the possibility of constructing easily, quickly and cheaply
well isolated animal sheds of straw or other natural resources? And while
we are at it, what about houses for the farmers themselves?
One issue is ofcourse that we would not want the animals to eat the walls.

Could you connect me with somebody?
Kind regards

Tim Vaessen, Sr. Emergency and Rehabilitation Coordinator
FAO Pakistan/Afghanistan;Tel.PAK:92(0)300 501 5527; AFG:93(0)70 285266

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design
509-838-8812
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.one-world-design.com";>http://www.one-world-design.com</a>