GSBN:Re: PROPOSAL: electronic bulletin

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:23:02 -0500, GSBN GSBN@...
wrote:
Date: 5 Mar 2006 12:33:57 -0600
From: duncan@...

Please say yes or no if you have an opinion

Although the general consensus seems to be "yes" I'm going to say "no"
anyway.

The idea is great, in the sense that it is convenient, not unlike numerous
other bulletins that show up in my mailbox.

Ostensibly, they keep me abreast of what's going on "out there" without my
having to engage anyone on a personal level or familiarise myself with the
subjects beyond a hand-waving acquaintance -- sort of like an art history
course.

The SB World News in the email equivalent of 10 second sound bytes.
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

But I have to admit, I don't even bother skimming over 80% of those other
bulletins anymore.
They arrive in the mailbox every week, linger in the "inbox" for awhile
until they get lost in the other unread mail and then eventually get
deleted without being read when mailbox cleaning time rolls around.
Easy come, easy go. Eh ?

=== * ===
Rob Tom
Kanata, Ontario, Canada
<ArchiLogic at chaffyahoo dot ca>
(winnow the chaff  from my edress in your reply)

Please visit   <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.mercycorps.org/";>http://www.mercycorps.org/</a>