-> Report from 2000 added to wikibook
     by duncan@...
-> International exchange: Make it clear, short and simple, please!
     by "Dirk Scharmer- FSB" ds@...

Date: 13 Mar 2006 08:34:01 -0600
From: duncan@...
Subject: Report from 2000 added to wikibook

I wasn't sure if i should bother you all with this but given that I've
always found it so hard to find technical reports I thought I'd start
dropping the list a quiet note when I find new ones.

Which reminds me, I started translating a danish report for this list, I
think it was Andr=C3=A9, did anyone read what I did? Does anyone want other
chapters translated?

I have added:
A Pilot Study examining the Strength, Compressibility and Serviceability
of Rendered Straw Bale Walls for Two Storey Load Bearing Construction.
        "A pilot study of a wall constructed from straw bales was
        carried out. The objective was to examine the suitability of
        such walls for two-storey residential construction. The emphases
        were placed on the strength, compressibility and serviceability
        of the rendered straw bale wall. The full-scale wall was tested
        to failure in laboratory conditions. The result shows that it is
        feasible to construct a two-storey wall using such system. The
        test results were compared with the recommendation provided by
        some of the codes of practice. It was found that the wall has
        adequate capacity for a two-storey wall construction. Other
        issues, such as constructability, detailing, and compressibility
        were also examined in this paper." Michael Faine and Dr. John
        Zhang, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 2000 Rendered
        Straw Bale Walls for Two Storey Load Bearing Construction (PDF
        507Kb)

It's been added to
<a  target="_blank" href="http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Straw_Bale_Construction/Related_Resources/Technical_Studies";>http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Straw_Bale_Construction/Related_Resources/Technical_Studies</a>

Duncan
- --
Linux user #372812, GPG Encryption Key ID 21A8C63A, available on
Jabber/GoogleTalk, msn and yahoo with the help of Gaim. Yes - a nerd.

multipart/signed
  application/pgp-signature
- ---