Re: GSBN:RE-nominated member from Spain

should it need a third for Nikki and a second for Maren, I would offer them.
Rikki is very active on the European list and my only hesitation is that I
rely on this list frugality inoistings to keep me from ignoring it. wow that
wasn't very clear. so much for emailing on pain killers. I recked a motor
bike in bali a few days ago.

20% of the land is rice, and they haven't done much building with it yet. I
showed a few SB and Straw clay. they could benefit from watercolled
insulated food storage but other thanthat they mainly need less forigners
and a government that lets them function as areligious and ethical minority.

It'll be great to have more quality input on the new spanish language SB
book. review of their text may be a great function of this global community
since there are so many spanish speaking countries globally.

o,k, for now,

Tim

I second the nomination of Rikki Nitzkin for GSBN membership.  Thank you
Catherine for an excellent nomination.

I communicated with Rikki Nitzkin while researching the worldwide status of
SB codes, and then gave her a strawbale tour of the SF Bay area on her
recent visit to California.  Through both experiences I found her to be a
knowledgeable, committed, and energetic advocate of strawbale and natural
building.  Although she does not consider herself a design or construction
"professional", she designed and built (with some help) her own SB house in
Spain, has particular interest and ability with plasters, and is a tireless
advocate with her finger on the pulse of SB throughout Spain.  She has
authored numerous articles in Spanish periodicals, and is beginning to
establish connections with and provide help to people in other Spanish
speaking countries in South and Central America.  She would well represent a
region that is missing from GSBN.

It's hard for me to second Rikki's nomination without nominating Maren
Termens Steiner.  So . . . I nominate Maren Termens Steiner for membership
in the GSBN.  Maren is a Spanish architect in the Catalan region who,
through my SB codes research, proved extremely knowledgeable, experienced
and capable regarding SB in general and in particular in Spain.  She has
significant technical experience and ability.  Maren and Rikki each bring
something different to the table.  In Spain they have complementary roles
with strawbale, just as they do in the book they are writing together.  I
think that complement could extend nicely into the GSBN sphere.  Together
they are THE strawbale people in Spain.

Please know that I second and nominate these two within an overall measure
of restraint.  I don't think GSBN is served well by it becoming too big,
whatever that may mean (and yes, there might even be too many Californians
on the list), but I think Rikki and Maren would fill in a glaring gap in the
current GSBN membership.

Martin Hammer
California (but originally from New Jersey), USA

Dear All --

Many of you met Rikki Nitzkin at the 2004 ISBBC
in Denmark.  For those that don't know her, she
from the U.S., but living in Spain.  She is at
the center of the Spanish strawbale
network.  They have organized a Spanish language
list-serve, and are now working on a strawbale book in Spanish.

I notice that we have no representative from
Spain -- so I'd like to nominate Rikki for
membership in the GSBN.  She could be an
invaluable member, translating and sharing with
the Spanish-speaking strawbale network.

Also, I am forwarding a request from her below:
-Catherine Wanek