Re: GSBN:Yet another nomination(s)

I would like to second both of the nominee's

I continue to be as embarrassed as proud at the number of californians on
this list but as has been discusssed among the californians already these
two offer perspectives not yet represented on this list. they are both great
designers and frugal contributers of high quality contributions.

Tim

Maurice Bennett writes:

I would like to nominate two CASBA long
timers/pioneers for addition to the list.

Bob Theis, Architect from Berkeley and a true
pioneer/trend setter and

Ken Haggard from the San Luis Solar Group - Ken has
been another pioneer in green/passive solar/straw bale
construction.

Maurice Bennett

--- Lars Keller larskeller@... wrote:

Full support for Maren as well. Good thinking
Martin.
Lars Keller

2006/3/16, Martin Hammer mfhammer@...:

> I second the nomination of Rikki Nitzkin for GSBN
membership.  Thank you
> Catherine for an excellent nomination.
>
> I communicated with Rikki Nitzkin while
researching the worldwide status
> of
> SB codes, and then gave her a strawbale tour of
the SF Bay area on her
> recent visit to California.  Through both
experiences I found her to be a
> knowledgeable, committed, and energetic advocate
of strawbale and natural
> building.  Although she does not consider herself
a design or construction
> "professional", she designed and built (with some
help) her own SB house
> in
> Spain, has particular interest and ability with
plasters, and is a
> tireless
> advocate with her finger on the pulse of SB
throughout Spain.  She has
> authored numerous articles in Spanish periodicals,
and is beginning to
> establish connections with and provide help to
people in other Spanish
> speaking countries in South and Central America.
She would well represent
> region that is missing from GSBN.
>
> It's hard for me to second Rikki's nomination
without nominating Maren
> Termens Steiner.  So . . . I nominate Maren
Termens Steiner for membership
> in the GSBN.  Maren is a Spanish architect in the
Catalan region who,
> through my SB codes research, proved extremely
knowledgeable, experienced
> and capable regarding SB in general and in
particular in Spain.  She has
> significant technical experience and ability.
Maren and Rikki each bring
> something different to the table.  In Spain they
have complementary roles
> with strawbale, just as they do in the book they
are writing together.  I
> think that complement could extend nicely into the
GSBN sphere.  Together
> they are THE strawbale people in Spain.
>
> Please know that I second and nominate these two
within an overall measure
> of restraint.  I don't think GSBN is served well
by it becoming too big,
> whatever that may mean (and yes, there might even
be too many Californians
> on the list), but I think Rikki and Maren would
fill in a glaring gap in
> the
> current GSBN membership.
>

> Martin Hammer
> California (but originally from New Jersey), USA
>

> > Dear All --
> >
> > Many of you met Rikki Nitzkin at the 2004 ISBBC
> > in Denmark.  For those that don't know her, she
> > from the U.S., but living in Spain.  She is at
> > the center of the Spanish strawbale
> > network.  They have organized a Spanish language
> > list-serve, and are now working on a strawbale
book in Spanish.

rikkinitzkin@...
> >> To: blackrange@...
> >> Subject: Send Fotos
> >> Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:12:07 +0100
> >>
> >> Could you please re-send the following message
> >> to the US strawbale listserve (I am not a
member)?

> >> Hello all,
> >> I am currently finishing up a book in Spanish
about Strawbale Building.

> >> I am interested in including information on
> >> "external pinning" techniques­which are poorly
> >> represented in most of the SB books.  If anyone
> >> has good photos, articles, or advice I would
> >> appreciate it if you would send me some!
> >>
> >> Sincerely,
> >> Rikki Nitzkin
> >> Aulás, Lleida (Spain)
> >> Spanish Strawbale Network

<<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:rikkinitzkin@earthlink.net";>mailto:rikkinitzkin@...>rikkinitzkin@earthlink.net(Personal)

<<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:casasdepaja@yahoo.es";>mailto:casasdepaja@...>casasdepaja@...
(Network business)
> >> (0034) 657 33 51 62
> >> www.casasdepaja.com
> >> "We Have the Right and Responsability to Create
the World we Want to
> Live in"
> >>
> >> My mailing address is:
> >> Rikki Nitzkin
> >> Aul&#xC3;&#xA1;s
> >> Aren 22583
> >> Huesca
> >> Spain
>
> ----
> GSBN is an invitation-only forum of key
individuals and representatives of
> regional straw construction organizations. The
costs of operating this list
> are underwritten by The Last Straw Journal in
exchange for use of the GSBN
> as an advisory board and technical editing arm.
>
> For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise
using the GSBN list,
> send email to GSBN@...
HELP in the SUBJECT line.

Fra 8.november 2005 og indtil 10.november naeste aar
2006 er Jo, Asger og
jeg
i Australien. I den periode kan jeg traeffes via
email eller den australske
postadresse.

From November 8th 2005 and untill November 10 next
year 2006, Jo Asger and I
will be in Australia. During this period you can
contact me via either email
or the Australian snailmail address.

Lars Keller

larskeller@...

Lars Keller
5 Crouch St Nth
Mt Gambier
SA 5290
Australien
~~~

GSBN is an invitation-only forum of key individuals
and representatives of regional straw construction
organizations. The costs of operating this list are
underwritten by The Last Straw Journal in exchange
for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
technical editing arm.

For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise
using the GSBN list, send email to
GSBN@...HELP in the SUBJECT
line.
----

=== message truncated ===

Maurice and Joy Bennett

You must be the change you want to see in the world.   Gandhi