Re: GSBN:Yet another nomination(s)

Bob Theis - bob@...
Ken Haggard - SLOSG@...

Thanks Bill - BTW as you may know we are having a
CASBA 10th anniversery celebration April 21/2/3 on the
Carizzo Plain near Paso Robles - your are certainly
invited AND we would waive your conference fees if you
can come. We would be honored to have your presence.

Maurice

--- billc_lists@...:

> And I'll need email addresses for both of them...
>
> At 7:46 PM -0800 3/15/06, Maurice Bennett wrote:
> >I would like to nominate two CASBA long
> >timers/pioneers for addition to the list.
> >
> >Bob Theis, Architect from Berkeley and a true
> >pioneer/trend setter and
> >
> >Ken Haggard from the San Luis Solar Group - Ken has
> >been another pioneer in green/passive solar/straw
> bale
> >construction.
> >
> >Maurice Bennett
> >
> >--- Lars Keller larskeller@... wrote:
> >
> >>  Full support for Maren as well. Good thinking
> >>  Martin.
> >>  Lars Keller
> >>

> >>  2006/3/16, Martin Hammer mfhammer@...:
> >>  >
> >>  > I second the nomination of Rikki Nitzkin for
> GSBN
> >>  membership.  Thank you
> >>  > Catherine for an excellent nomination.
> >>  >
> >>  > I communicated with Rikki Nitzkin while
> >>  researching the worldwide status
> >>  > of
> >>  > SB codes, and then gave her a strawbale tour
> of
> >>  the SF Bay area on her
> >>  > recent visit to California.  Through both
> >>  experiences I found her to be a
> >>  > knowledgeable, committed, and energetic
> advocate
> >>  of strawbale and natural
> >>  > building.  Although she does not consider
> herself
> >>  a design or construction
> >>  > "professional", she designed and built (with
> some
> >>  help) her own SB house
> >>  > in
> >>  > Spain, has particular interest and ability
> with
> >>  plasters, and is a
> >>  > tireless
> >>  > advocate with her finger on the pulse of SB
> >>  throughout Spain.  She has
> >>  > authored numerous articles in Spanish
> periodicals,
> >>  and is beginning to
> >>  > establish connections with and provide help to
> >>  people in other Spanish
> >>  > speaking countries in South and Central
> America.
> >>  She would well represent
> >>  > a
> >>  > region that is missing from GSBN.
> >>  >
> >>  > It's hard for me to second Rikki's nomination
> >>  without nominating Maren
> >>  > Termens Steiner.  So . . . I nominate Maren
> >>  Termens Steiner for membership
> >>  > in the GSBN.  Maren is a Spanish architect in
> the
> >>  Catalan region who,
> >>  > through my SB codes research, proved extremely
> >>  knowledgeable, experienced
> >>  > and capable regarding SB in general and in
> >>  particular in Spain.  She has
> >>  > significant technical experience and ability.
> >>  Maren and Rikki each bring
> >>  > something different to the table.  In Spain
> they
> >>  have complementary roles
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Maurice and Joy Bennett

You must be the change you want to see in the world.   Gandhi