GSBN:Fwd: Straw-Bale Walls

G 'day Balesr

Can some of you help this English Chap please.  I have sent him some test
results but you may have more recent work.

Regards John Glassford.

 From Ian levett Structural Eng.
*EPA edward.parsley@...*

Hi

I am designing the structural elements for auctions rooms near Stansted
airport England.

The main timber frames span 14metres and the external walls are to be straw
bales between timber posts. Panel sizes of walls are 4.1m wide x 2.5 metres
high maximum.
 No problem with that, but if you have any information on racking resistance
of the bales, this would be very useful  in justifying  to our local
authority.

Many thanks  Ian