Re: GSBN:Chopped Straw as Ceiling Insulation

Hi Joyce,

Not chopped straw, but rice hulls. The fire tests( un-written-up, my
appologies to Bruce) show them to be as flame retardent as borate treated
cellulose or better. I've heard rummors about R-value but seen no data.
sounds like a good grant opportunity to me.

to busy pushing the envelope to address and stamp it,

Tim

Joyce Coppinger writes:

or blow-in attic insulation is the question. Anyone hard of this before? If
so do you know a source for details or more information?

Joyce
-------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org