Re: GSBN:Chopped Straw as Ceiling Insulation

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 10:57 -0500, timok wrote:
> Hi Joyce,
>
> Not chopped straw, but rice hulls. The fire tests( un-written-up, my
> appologies to Bruce) show them to be as flame retardent as borate treated
> cellulose or better. I've heard rummors about R-value but seen no data.
> sounds like a good grant opportunity to me.
I've added your comments to the wikibooks section on roofing insulation,
please edit it if I've got something wrong.

<a  target="_blank" href="http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Straw_Bale_Construction/Techniques/Roofing#Roof_and_Ceiling_Insulation";>http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Straw_Bale_Construction/Techniques/Roofing#Roof_and_Ceiling_Insulation</a>

Duncan