Re: GSBN:ASTM straw bale fire test coming your way

On Mar 29, 2006, at 10:16 AM, CatherineWanek wrote:

Good timing -- the New Mexico SBCA is meeting tomorrow -- and I will
get your request on the agenda.  I'm sure that a letter of support
will be in the offing, plus there's a very good chance that we will
contribute financially.

Great!

Also -- I am willing to shoot the video too.  (Texas is just next
door, more or less......)  The biggest expense in such a video/DVD
project is the cost of editing.   Having realized how fast "footage"
can turn into "mileage," I believe now I could shoot economically
enough to keep the editing to a minimum.

Derek Roff has also offered to help in that area -- can you two maybe
collaborate and share the burden?  In either case, if you could give me
some sort of cost guesstimate for our grant proposal -- that would
REALLY help.  David E. will be there to shoot still pictures, so you
can focus on video shooting, editing, and DVD master production.

Question:  Would it be useful to have letters of support from other
non-profit organizations?  (I'm thinking specifically about Builders
Without Borders.)

Yes, any letter of support, with or without any promise of money, would
be useful.  It would be especially nice to hear from our friends
outside the USA, as the funder is very keen to see that this could be
of global impact.

best to all,

Bruce King, PE
Director, Ecological Building Network  ( www.ecobuildnetwork.org )