Re: GSBN:Re: Identifiying SBH with moisture-related problems

At 11:07 AM -0600 4/21/06, Derek Roff wrote:
--On Friday, April 21, 2006 12:52 PM -0400 Rob Tom archilogic@...
wrote:

I think that what would need to be done is for the researcher to compile
an inventory of SBH and then go out and have a look at all of them or
somehow get photos of them.

I believe that Laura Bartels did some of this kind of research recently, in
several western US states.  Perhaps she could tell us about her methods and
results.  What say you, Laura?

And don't forget, this is one of the reasons we put together the
Straw Bale Registry.  A fair number indicated initially that they'd
be open to research and testing. Others could probably be persuaded.

Seems to me such a project would require some fairly substantial
funding.  For one thing, there would be a lot of travel involved as
the homes are pretty wide spread.