Re: GSBN:fire test -- your opinions?

Since cement is the darling of the conventional building world it would
be more useful to do tests without it because I doubt anyone would have
trouble with authorities if they wanted to add it in to the mix.  On the
other hand, if cement is included in the test render then the inclusion
of cement is more likely to be enforced.  If there is a good chance of
it passing at least an hour rating then it would be good to include
earth render in the tests.

-Andrew Webb

Martin Hammer wrote:
......But if you accept the idea that you
pick one of those plasters to represent the performance of all three, I
would go with cement-lime for the obvious reason that it is a hybrid of the
other two.  Although maybe I would make it 1 part cement to 2 parts lime in
order for its material characteristics to be halfway between the other the
two?

More grist for the mill.

Martin Hammer