RE: GSBN:SBH with moisture-related problems

But the use of the rice hull
> is
> limited in that it serves only as an insulation material. The next
> challenge
> that I see would be to make structural members out of rice hulls

Have you tried using what we call I spain "Clascalita" (1 part lime, 1 part
cement, 8 parts rice hulls and water)? Here we use it for floors in
thicknesses up to 15 cm.  It gets very hard, though in a vertical position I
don«t know how it would hold up.  Reinforcing it with bamboo maybe?

Rikki Nitzkin
Aul?s, Lleida, Espa?a
rikkinitzkin@...
(0034)657 33 51 62