Re: GSBN:fire test -- your opinions?

--On Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:20 PM -0400 strawnet@...:

We're hoping to soon have all the specifics soon about the ASTM
Standard Practice E2226 (for the Hose Stream Test).

It seems like there would be a significant difference in the hose stream
test, between spraying the water on the middle of a bale, on a joint
between two bales, and on at the junction of three bales.  I wonder how the
testing will address that question.

I keep coming around to thinking that maybe we should get a horizontal
propane heater and build a couple of little test panels somewhere and
heat them to something like what the temps are for the big test and
then blast away with a hose approximating the hose stream testing and
see whether earthen plasters could survive the two hours and the hose
test. I just hate to gamble on not ending up with at least one
successful assembly out of this investment.

I like this idea.  These small test assemblies could be a fun weekend
project.  We've got a kerosene heater and a fire truck in Kingston that
might help with David's hypothetical private proto-testing.  What's the
next step?

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center