Re: GSBN:fire test -- preliminary testing

On Apr 27, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Derek Roff wrote:

I am willing to donate the time and materials.  I don't know if I have
access to all of  Bruce's "I don't know what else."  But I have a fire
truck.  That's pretty good, isn't it?

That's terrific!  Good on ye, Derek!

Mark Piepkorn, conveniently located on the same continent as you, has
volunteered to help, and perhaps others will as well, but from now on
let's take this off of GSBN.

Derek, I'd say stack some bales on edge and flat  into miniwalls about
4' x 4', and get some plaster on them absolutely asap (earth, lime,
whatever) so the plaster can cure a bit.  We have to build walls at the
lab at the end of May, so you would have to complete your preliminary
flaming and hosing by, say, May 25 so that it might be of any use in
designing the actual test walls.

Adios a todos, y gracias!

Bruce