From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Jeff Ruppert
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:31 PM
To: GSBN; strawbale@...
Subject: GSBN:Lime Wash

Hello Everyone,

We are presently working on a rather large project (30,000 sf horse
arena and attached residence, all straw bale) and would like to apply a
lime wash with pigment over the brown coat of plaster, which is
cement/lime, to roughly 15,000 sf of surface area.

My question is, has anyone ever tried spraying lime wash?  The huge
amount of surface area is leading me to try and find a faster way of
applying it other than by brush or roller.  We have access to both
hydrated and hydraulic lime.

Also, I know there have been discussions on these lists regarding size
of SB structure so I don't want to ask everyone if there is a larger SB
structure than this one (I am sure there is!), but this one definitely
is "up there" in terms of size.  Make a mental note if anyone ever asks
how large you can go.  We have 20 ft tall walls included in the 15,000
sf of wall system on this project.  It is all three-string bales stacked
on-edge.

Here are some pictures for your delight!  Thanks in advance for any help.

<a  target="_blank" href="http://photos.odiseanet.com/main/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&amp;g2_";>http://photos.odiseanet.com/main/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&amp;g2_</a>
itemId=105&amp;g2_navId=xba8dd562

Sorry about the use of cement plaster!  A project of this scale with six
feet of snow on the ground in the winter, big winds, and a "real-life"
time window, nothing compares with the cost, durability, and available
labor.  Thank goodness we live in a VERY dry climate!

Jeff Ruppert, P.E.
Principal

Odisea LLC
Ecological Building, Engineering and Consulting

Front Range Office 		West Slope Office
1731 15th St. #105		1022 Main St.
Boulder, CO  80302		Carbondale, CO 81623
303.443.4335			970.948.5744
303.443.4355 f			1.866.795.6699 f
jeff@...
www.odiseanet.com