GSBN:Thanks for the opportunity to join GSBN

Hello everyone - Thanks for the kind words of support for our work
and towards our inclusion in GSBN...

I'll do a bit of a write-up about who I am, and the work of Sol
Source soon.  But for now, I thought I would follow-up on Martin
Hammer's support for the nomination with a couple of photos of our
current "flagship" straw-bale project...  It's a heavy-steel (owner's
choice) non-load-bearing house just in the final throes of completion
in Apache Junction, AZ, about 40 miles east of central Phoenix...

It has lots of "zoom" because we wanted to exploit the strength of
the steel to meet the challenge of acknowledging the gorgeous east
view toward the Superstition Mountains, while wanting to shield from
the sun and views to other not-so-wonderful houses...  With the
light-steel interior framing and use of recycled composite lumber for
sole plates and rough-openings, we just about managed to not use any
wood (except for roof sheathing).

To help with your orientation to the photos, the clerestories faces
north (to avoid the hot desert sun, and get soft north daylight...

Thanks again for the nomination, and we look forward to joining the
world-wide discussion...
Tom Hahn
President/Principal Architect
Sol Source Architecture
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.ssiarch.com";>http://www.ssiarch.com</a>>

Hi all,

I forgot to post to the list last night that I've added Tom Hahn to GSBN.

Welcome Tom!

representatives of regional straw construction organizations. The
costs of operating this list are underwritten by The Last Straw
Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
technical editing arm.

multipart/related
 image/jpeg
 image/jpeg