Re: GSBN:Re: Fire test

I simply have to vote with the "test the clay" group on this one.  We do need
to leave cement behind wherever and as soon as possible, and I'm glad to hear
that voice in this debate.
Judy

In a message dated 4/30/2006 8:51:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
ecodesign@...:

> Hi Bruce
>
> For my money at least on rig to test would be two string bales on the flat
> with 3 coat lime plater without mesh (exterior) and earth plaster inside -
> this to me is the best design environmentally we can give that will
> withstand a wide  range of weather conditions.
> For strong environmental reasons we must reduce cement use in our buildings,
> and to do a test that will probably lock us into its use if we are relying
> on this test for consent purposes seems a really big  backwards step to me.
>

> Best
>
> Graeme,
> Graeme North Architects,
> 49 Matthew Road,
> RD1, Warkworth,
> New Zealand 1241
> Ph/fax +64 (0)9  4259305

Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox