RE: GSBN:Moisture research

There was a very interesting, if poorly documented experiment done in spain
about rotten bales.

They took extremely rotten, wet, moldy, mushroom sprouting bales and made
the best wall they could.

They then put a thick (about 10cm) layer of straw-clay plaster on top.  In
this hot (40¼c)sunny climate it took 4 MONTHS for the plaster to dry.
Eventually it did, and they opened a hole in the wall to find dry (if weak
and dusty!) straw behind it. This is interesting because of the ability of
the clay to draw the water out of the bales.

Is there anyone doing testing about that? The ability of clay or lime to DRY
OUT wet bales?

Rikki Nitzkin
Aul?s, Lleida, Espa?a
rikkinitzkin@...