GSBN:Welcome Alex Cicelsky to GSBN

Hi folks,

Alex Cicelsky has joined GSBN.  Below is his reply. Sounds like lots
happening in Israel!

BC

Dear Bill,
Thanks for the invitation.  We are committed to disseminating information on
SB, we run workshops and incorporate SB in our Permaculture/EcoVillage
Education Green Apprenticeship course, are currently scheduled to run a 3
hour SB and earth plaster burn test for the Standards Institute of Israel
(SII) in July and are currently constructing what may be the first SB+earth
plaster Geodesic Domes (see photo).

I checked out the GSBN archives and synchronistical the last message was
about the fire test.  Folks across the country have tried to get building
permits for SB but the clerks state that without an okay from the fire
department they can't process the permits.  The fire folks say they will not
look at any material or system that has not been SII tested and SII was
unwilling to accept the German tests results even if they were produced at
an ISO facility.  So our NGO has decided that we're going to take upon
ourselves to do the testing...of course you'll hear about the results.

For a while I was trying to keep up with the European SB forum and SB-R-US,
but work has gotten in the way of all that fun and my internet connection is
not of the high speed variety.

We have a registry of one of our sb buildings - and we welcome visitors:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com/search.straw?RID=157";>http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com/search.straw?RID=157</a>
 <<avner with last bale on top.JPG>>

once again, thanks for the honor and I hope that we can be of assistance.
Alex
BTW where in the world are you physically located (usually)?

Alex Cicelsky; Design, Construction and Education
Center for Creative Ecology
Kibbutz Lotan, D.N. Eilot 88855  Israel
Tel: 08-6356914, Mobile: 054-979-9009, Fax: 08-6356842
Email: lotan-build@...

Please Visit Our Websites:
www.kibbutzlotan.com
www.birdingisrael.com