Re: GSBN:Moisture research

On May 9, 2006, at 3:19 AM, Jakub Wihan wrote:

Rikki,
I believe that the research you are interested in has to do with
testing material's ability to absorb and release moisture from the
surrounding environment. Tim Padfield did such testing for his PhD
thesis:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.padfield.org/tim/cfys/phd/phd-indx.php";>http://www.padfield.org/tim/cfys/phd/phd-indx.php</a>

pages: 63-91

He calls this property humidity buffering capacity. Page 91 shows a
graphic summary for materials like clay, lime, wood, wool, etc.. I
found all Padfields articles very interesting. He gives among others
good basic overview on humidity meters:

Jakub --

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot access that site at all -- my search
engine just freezes.

Are you sure you have the correct address?

Also, I tried several times to return your moisture questionaire, but
your email address bounced it back to me every time . . . can you send
us your correct email?

Thanks!

Bruce King, PE
Director, Ecological Building Network  ( www.ecobuildnetwork.org )