RE: GSBN:plaster and straw question

<x-charset windows-1250>
Interesting about bousillage, I've heard of similar techniques in Germany.
Here are a couple of other references, including a recipe for kids to try
their own at home, using animal hair (the cat had better watch out!!)

John

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.nps.gov/cari/kids_craft_make_bousillage.htm";>http://www.nps.gov/cari/kids_craft_make_bousillage.htm</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.nps.gov/cari/tour_arch_bousillage.htm";>http://www.nps.gov/cari/tour_arch_bousillage.htm</a>
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.laheritage.org/Glossary/B.html";>http://www.laheritage.org/Glossary/B.html</a>

John Swearingen
 SKILLFUL MEANS
design and construction
 www.skillful-means.com

To: "GSBN" GSBN@...
>We'll have good sized porches all around if all goes as planned, so
>we're not overly concerned about rain.

Yes, porches are a great help. This permitted the early settlers in
Louisiana to use a bousillage or plaster on all the walls protected by
porches. <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.cajunculture.com/Other/bousillage.htm";>http://www.cajunculture.com/Other/bousillage.htm</a>
But on the gable ends without porches they were obliged to use lap siding.

Thanks.
Paul Olivieroming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.