Re: GSBN:Clay plastered wall passes 1-hour test!

G ' day All

On you team well done and we await the results one day in writing I
hope.  Interesting results and very welcome.  Would be good to have
all the fire tests done around the world tabulated and accessible  to
all who may need them.  Probably already done been away building in
Wollongong back home now for a while I hope.

Soils ain't soils or so they say so maybe we need some quantifying of
the make up of the soils most suitable for earhen renders or is that
to hard an ask?  We love the Ganmain soils with the addition of sand
and chaff.  The end reult is 25% clay to 75% sand.  I am sure that the
make up of clays would differ but would the end result differ in any
way beteween clays under fire?

Also what comparison would you make with your tests and the ones done
by Bohdan Dorniak and Co. Down Under?  Maybe Bohdan can answer this:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.earthgarden.com.au/strawbale/fire_test.html";>http://www.earthgarden.com.au/strawbale/fire_test.html</a>

Great to be back on line.

Kind regards
John Glassford