RE: GSBN:Alternative Bales

From: Andrew Webb design@...
To: GSBN GSBN@...
Subject: GSBN:Alternative Bales
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:23:36 +1000

Hi Paul,

Definitely if logistics, technology, economy, supply, etc. are against
using a particular material then it doesn't make sense to use it.
However, those sorts of things are often specific to a location.  Straw,
I believe, has to be transported hundreds of miles to get to Broome, and
specially for the purpose of building, whereas the waste products are
already there (transported in for their initial use).

I agree that if no agricultural biomass is available within a reasonable
transport distance, and if there is an abundance of plastic bottles in your
area, then it makes sense to build with plastic bottles.

Thanks.

Paul Olivier
ESR International LLC

Tel 1-214-306-8746