Re: GSBN:Help needed: Mortgage

At 1:01 PM +0200 8/8/06, Maren Termens wrote:
Hi All!!

  Again asking for support:

  A friend has now all the licenses to build a Nebraska-style house
near Barcelona city (Spain). He asked for a mortgage, but the bank
asks for a structural -assurance during the time the building is
constructed. At the beginning, the project was a post and
beams-system. The assurance agreed to offer the assurance, now, the
builder changed his mind and now he wants to build all in
Nebraska-style...so, now, the assurance don't offers anymore the
assurance...
  He needs  this for the mortgage, or we change the project and
build with post and beams (that would be very sad, because we want
to support Nebraska) or we find another firm which wants to assure.
We know that it's not necessary that the assurance has to be a
Spanish firm!
  Has anybody assured a Nebraska-style house???

  We need really this information to finally start building, all the
licenses are prepared!!!

  Thaks a lot,

  Maren Termens
  Spain

Hi Maren,

I may be able to provide some information, but first let me get clear
about what you need:  are you looking for examples of load bearing
homes which have gotten mortgages?  Insurance?  Or a structural
engineer's approval on the plans?  I can give you a list on the first
two, though due to the privacy requirements of the Straw Bale
Registry I can't give you personal data on the owner without first
asking their permission.