Re: GSBN:Help needed: Mortgage

G ' day Maren

We have had many Nebraska style load bearing buildings insured here in
Australia mate.

The local authorities require a structural certificate from a
qualified engineer and they then approve the plans.  Once council
approval is obtained we then get insurance through our broker.

We are even getting Nebraska style homes insured for owner builders.
80% of the straw bale buildings we get involved with are load bearing.

There is plenty of evidence now available that Nebraska style homes
built well will pass the most stringent of engineering testing.  Eco
Bruce may have the latest results if not go to SB-r-us and enroll and
then go to the files section where there are many test results
published.
--
Kind regards
John Glassford