Re: GSBN:Looking for a insurer-company

At 11:32 PM +0200 8/8/06, Maren Termens wrote:
Hi Bill,

  thanks for your help. I need names of firms who would insure the
house of this friend, so he could receive the mortgage. Perhaps a
foreign firm would insure the house, as we can't find in Spain one,
who would do that in this moment.
  Thanks again, Maren

Of 79 reported as loadbearing structures in the SB Registry, here are
the ones who also reported their insurance companies.  Most are US, a
couple are Canadian.  I've just included a bare minimum of data for
privacy reasons; if you need more specifics about some, just ask and
I'll tell you if I can give it out.

I tend to doubt that you'd be able to get a US company to insure in
Spain unless they're already insuring homes in Spain.  But perhaps
this short list might help to convince a Spanish insurer that
insuring a loadbearing strawbale home is not unheard of.

374sq ft outbuilding  Farmer's

600 sq ft home  Hochheim Prairie

1000 sq ft home  National City Mortgage

1200 sq ft home Western farm bureau

800 sq ft home United farm bureau

2480 sq ft home Farmer's Insurance, Jamie Rogers, Camp Verde, Arizona

1,000 sq ft home Hoccheim Prairie

1,000 sq ft home state farm

2400 sq ft commercial George McDonald Agenices - Didsbury, Alberta

1500 sq ft home Chubb

1000 sq ft home American Family Insurance

1612 sq ft home Allstate

860 sq ft home State Farm, Glenwood Springs, CO office

1085 sq ft home Co-operators, Red Deer, Alberta