-> Round house in Australia
     by "Brian Hodge - Anvill" brian@...

Date: 10 Aug 2006 23:30:59 -0700
From: "Brian Hodge - Anvill" brian@...
Subject: Round house in Australia

Hi Matt,
We currently have a round house with 3 bedrooms one bathroom and a
separate laundry of approximately 16 squares under construction. It has
a curved square roof with 200mm diameter posts supporting the verandah
overhang of the roof. The building is in Heathcote which is in central
Victoria Australia. We have just completed the first coat of render so
it is still somewhat organic looking. The materials for the house
including fittings and fixtures will come in at about $50,000AU. It is
built on stumps which will be closed in to reduce air flow thereby
increasing the energy rating of the building. We have fitted R2
(decimal) insulation batts to the underside of the sheet flooring. It is
of infill construction, however there are no metal braces or any other
bracing in the walls. We have used a 19mm flat fillament polyester
strapping with 1,000 kg breaking strain @ 450 (18") centers for
compression of the walls. The render is an earthen render which is made
up of white clay and white sand from this area. If you would like me to
send you some photos by email let me know. I will have to go on site to
take them, however I should be able to get them to you on Wed night.

Kind regards
Brian Hodge