GSBN:Re: All Thread Compression.

G ' day Bill

The all thread we use in pairs opposite each other at centres
established by the engineer.  usually every 1.8 metres apart and
beside window and door openings.  The all thread is placed the width
of the bale and anchored into the sub-floor.  We do not impale the
bales and we cut a small groove with a chain saw so that the all
thread is recessed into the bales prior to rendering.  The all thread
then goes through the top plate and screwed down.  We get super
accurate pre-compression using this method.

It works very well with in-fill as well as load bearing and I cannot
see a better method for pre-compression.  I have uploaded a few pics
on SB-r-us under Aussie Straight walls in the photo section.

It is very easy to do and works extremely well and leaves fencing wire
and pallett plastic strapping for dead.  However each to his own
method I suppose but we will not be going backwards.

I can send you some pics if you would like some.

Salaam The Straw Wolf.