From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of John Glassford
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:32 PM
To: GSBN
Subject: GSBN:Re: All Thread Compression.

G ' day Bill

The all thread we use in pairs opposite each other at centres established by
the engineer.  usually every 1.8 metres apart and beside window and door
openings.  The all thread is placed the width of the bale and anchored into
the sub-floor.  We do not impale the bales and we cut a small groove with a
chain saw so that the all thread is recessed into the bales prior to
rendering.  The all thread then goes through the top plate and screwed down.
We get super accurate pre-compression using this method.

It works very well with in-fill as well as load bearing and I cannot see a
better method for pre-compression.  I have uploaded a few pics on SB-r-us
under Aussie Straight walls in the photo section.

It is very easy to do and works extremely well and leaves fencing wire and
pallett plastic strapping for dead.  However each to his own method I
suppose but we will not be going backwards.

I can send you some pics if you would like some.

Salaam The Straw Wolf.