GSBN:Re: pre-compression

The manufacturers of the plastic strapping advised
me that it cannot be tensioned more than once, as the crease created by
the initial tensioning will be a point of failure.

Strapping systems vary.  On the ones that I have used, after re-tensioning,
the crease from the initial tensioning is no longer within the tensioned
section of the strap.  It is hanging loose, unloaded, and flapping in the
breeze.  Therefore, it won't be a point of failure.  I can imagine that it
might be, if I were progressively loosening the straps, rather than
tightening them.

Derelict

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center