Re: GSBN:Re: A question about quantification of carbon sequestration in a bale and bale structures bale and bale structures

One of the discussions that was done recently regarding sustainability
was done how many earths ie how much natural resources are required to
give everybody the same type of housing as us USA-Western Europe. It
turns out we would need the resources of about 10 earths, therefore not
sustainable.

Based on this GrAT <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.grat.at/cgi-bin/news.pl";>http://www.grat.at/cgi-bin/news.pl</a> amongst others
developed the concept of the factor 10 house. A building that uses 10
times less resources then conventional building technology. A recent
project completed in 2005 is the S-house a zero energy house it uses
less energy then it creates. In this case sequestration becomes quite
important as building becomes the main negative ecological impact the
building has on the environment.

Rene