Re: GSBN:Re: A question about quantification of carbon sequestration in a bale and bale structures bale and bale structures

On Aug 30, 2006, at 2:31 PM, John Swearingen wrote:

The growers in California, who are required not to burn by the Air
Quality
Control Board, are experimenting with more pest-resistant crops.
John

John Swearingen
 SKILLFUL MEANS
design and construction
www.skillful-means.com

-----Original Message-----
From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Chris
Stafford
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:08 AM
To: GSBN
Subject: Re: GSBN:Re: A question about quantification of carbon
sequestration in a bale and bale structures bale and bale structures

Here is another item for consideration. Burning straw in the fields
versus
baling it for removal. Farmers in Eastern Washington go either way
believing
each is being responsible to the environment. Those that bale and
remove the
straw have to spray the next year's crops to control pests. Burning
straw
eliminates need to spray.

Chris

Christopher Stafford Architects, Inc.