From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Derek Roff
Sent: Thursday, 24 August 2006 11:28 PM
To: GSBN
Subject: GSBN:Re: pre-compression

> The manufacturers of the plastic strapping advised
> me that it cannot be tensioned more than once, as the crease created
> by the initial tensioning will be a point of failure.

Strapping systems vary.  On the ones that I have used, after
re-tensioning, the crease from the initial tensioning is no longer
within the tensioned section of the strap.  It is hanging loose,
unloaded, and flapping in the breeze.  Therefore, it won't be a point of
failure.  I can imagine that it might be, if I were progressively
loosening the straps, rather than tightening them.

Derelict

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100