Re: GSBN: A photo and questions

A delayed thank you to David Eisenberg, John Swearingen and Rene Dalmeijer
for their thoughtful responses regarding one headstand on a bale.  (And to
Joyce Coppinger and Bruce King for their thoughts off list.)

As David described, I cornered myself into a "personal crisis" about this
and needed some outside perspective which those responses helped provide.  I
suppose it's all how you look at it.  There are plenty of positive ways to
interpret the photo, which most people have expressed to me and which was as
I intended, so I'll go with that.

Yesterday was my 50th birthday, so I'll take pleasure in the fact that I can
still do headstands (and handstands) at this age.  Although that photo was
taken at age 40, the year after I designed my first straw bale building.
Appropriate because it was about then I realized that straw bale building
tends to turn the conventional world of building upside down.

If someone asks, maybe I'll even do a headstand on a bale at the straw bale
Olympics at the ISBBC.  If so, I promise it won't be naked.  But with an
associated pun, and so as not to end with that image, thanks for allowing me
to bare my soul about the subject.

Martin Hammer