Re: GSBN:Pine Needles in natural buildings

Also, recently I was in Beijing, at the ethnic diversity museum, and
saw some workers incorporating pine needles into a clay -- cob-like
-- mix, for use in constructing walls in a traditional timber-framed
building with a thatched roof.  Also, it's said that a part of the
Great Wall was built with red willow branches reinforcing a
clay/aggregate rammed earth mix.
Probably safe to say that most available fibers can be used in a clay
matrix... but not all as bales. Like Joyce, I would be concerned
about flammability.
-Catherine